Saturday, September 17, 2016

What's next?

Unemployed. I'd actually been here before. A few times. For the past five years I'd been doing a lot of consulting and contract work. I think that is just part of the technology field I'm in. So you are on a project for a while. Then you move on to another one. For the most part, I steadily had work to do. We always got by.

Back to the drawing board. I started interviewing again. I also picked up another part time consulting gig.

And about a month later I got a full time contract position. Things were back on track. So I thought. I got a starting date. Then it got bumped. Again. And again. I was told these were normal delays and not to worry. However I still needed to pay my bills.

Ride sharing. Like Uber or Lyft. I thought that would be a great solution while I'm waiting for the formalities of my start date to be resolved on my new job. I can drive when I want. As much as I want. Total flexibility. So I signed up.

In order for me to drive, I needed a 4 door vehicle. I personally drove a 2 door. Another scenario was my oldest daughter started working downtown and we lived far north and she had a lease with restricted miles. So we did a car swap. I started driving my wife's SUV, my daughter drove my car and my wife used my daughters car since she drove the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment